Before you start entering athletes into the meet, you should first setup your meet’s “ENTRY RULES”:
- Select “MEETS” from the left navigation bar under your team’s name
- Select the meet for which you are going to be doing entries
- Select the “ENTRIES” button at the upper right section of the screen
- Select “ENTRY RULES” before you actually start your entries
- Typically the host team, or the team that sets up the meet in SwimCloud will make sure the entry rules are set.
- If you are an opponent, the meet along with the entry rules that have been setup by the host will automatically show up for you.
See the following for a description of each of the Entry Rules selections:
A. Entry Limits - there are options for Individual events, Relay events and Total events.
B. SwimCloud has the ability to use seed times for a swimmer from various swim organizations. If you want to limit seed times from only a specific organization, you can do so here. On the right side of this section, you can also specify the beginning date from which you will accept an entry time.
C. Require valid entry times - If you need to enforce the selections from section B, you would make sure this button is turned on. If Section B doesn’t matter to your meet, leave this off.
D. Allow overrides - If this button is turned on the coach will have the ability to make custom entries for seed times.
E. Allow exhibition - If you will accept exhibition swims at your meet turn this on. If not, turn it off.
F. Allow relay lead-offs as entries - SwimCloud tracks relay lead off swims as long as the results are submitted so that we can parse those lead off swims. If you want to accept these swims as seed times for your meet turn this button on.
G. Allow relay alternates - If you want to allow and show relay alternates for your meet turn this on.