Swimcloud was built to read and parse Hy-Tek, and .sd3, meet result files. However, the old adage of "garbage in, garbage out" certainly applies to Swimcloud. Here are somethings that you can do when setting up your meet to make sure that your meet result files upload to Swimcloud promptly.
- Start with a new meet database for every meet. Please don't reuse old meets over and over again.
- Make sure the meet location is correct, especially the country!
- Make sure the dates are correct! If the date is incorrect, Swimcloud isn't going to show those results in the correct season
- Meet Type - make sure that meet type is set correctly. College - Club (USA, YMCA, & AAU) - High School. For Middle School meets use "Club". Swimcloud uses this data to match teams correctly.
- Make sure you are using the correct course. SCY, LCM, or SCM
- Make sure the address of the teams in the meet is correct.
- Scoring, while important to the meet, doesn't always come through to Swimcloud as you would like. There are many way to score a meet in Hy-Tek, however, the data doesn't always translate over.
Here are some other helpful Results-related articles