Because American college swimming is conducted in yards and clients prefer yard to meter times in the recruiting process, Collegeswimming.com maintains separate base times for short and long course meters. These base times are 1-1.5% faster than their SCY equivalents. These better represent a recruit's impact in college swimming. This also mitigates the difference between international and domestic recruits. (International freshmen are, on average, 18 months older than their American teammates).
Articles in this section
- When will you rank this year's freshmen?
- I have some old (slow) times on my profile. How can they be removed?
- I was sick at my last meet. Can you remove those results?
- My ranking and power index score are missing. Why?
- I just updated my times. Why didn't my Power Index change?
- Boys Recruiting Point Values
- Girls Recruiting Point Values
- How is My Recruiting Score Calculated?
- I'm Not A Sprinter, Why Are You Using my 50 or 100 Free?
- What about meters?